Sequins and Ornaments? Yes Please.


There was some kid crafting going on in our house yesterday involving sequins (and apparently long blonde hair) which got me to thinking about all of the vintage felt ornaments out there decorated with sequins and beads.



Seeing as I have a couple more ornaments on my gift giving list this year, I thought I'd take a 21st century go at it.

I was just going to use a little bit of bling.  Maybe a row of sequins?  Maybe a few scattered here and there? After all, my subject was only three inches tall.


But then I got started.
And perhaps a wee bit carried away.


I simply had no idea how satisfying it is to hand sew magenta sequins.

You should try it.  Your life will never be the same.

And while you are at it, embroider the year and name of the recipient on the back of the ornament.


What's a homemade gift without that personal touch?

Comments

Popular Posts