China Cozies

It seems such a shame to see dust collect on china!  Here's is a solution that is both beautiful and practical.




I used Butterick Pattern B5623.  Normally these storage boxes have zipper closures at the top, but I converted it to a hat-box type design because I didn't want to special order extra long zippers for the project.  An added bonus of this style is that it compacts to a smaller box if you need it to:


The pre-quilted fabric they suggest using for china storage containers is beautiful but pricey, so I purchased some cheap calico and quilted it myself.  TOO MUCH WORK! Next time, I'm busting out the wallet.  I love these colors, though, and I've always been a sucker for paisley.


For the trimming, I tried out the bias tape maker I got for Christmas.  Also too much work, imo :o).


As you can see from this shelf of china, I have a few more containers to make.  Bring on the cozies!


Comments

  1. It's like you are inside my mind! Now a message from your godson....hghyjbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyjuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuujyjyjjjjjjjyj

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts