Social Sewing

I took a second part time job at a fabric store while my husband was in law school and every once in a while, a bunch of the ladies who worked there would disappear on a quilting weekend at a cabin somewhere.  Socializing and sewing.  I never went because I'm not a quilter, but by gum, wouldn't that have been fun????

Let's face it, everything is better when there are friends about.  Friends will ooh and ahh over your fabric choices, share in your thread knotting woes, and cheer you on when the going gets tough.  They might even pour you a drink.

Maybe someday, when I retire and become rich (a girl can dream!), I will host 'get away' sewing weekends at my cabin up north where we will make frilly things and gab until the wee hours of the morning.  Yes, yes.  A girl can dream.

Comments

Popular Posts