Vintage Felt Ornament Pictures, As Promised

As  I mentioned in the Matyroshka Ornament DIY, I was inspired by vintage felt ornaments.  Here are the pictures.  (And my apologies for the blurry trees!  If I get the chance, I'll retake them.)





I think these ornaments may have been made from kits of some kind -- can you see the ink line on the white? 


The front and back of the tree are identical.


I think the bells add that special Christmas touch.  

The felt is more dense than the polyester felt you buy these days.  I'm not sure if it is wool.


And there's the new ornament you saw in the DIY.

I am completely fascinated by antique ornaments.  I would cover my tree with them if I could!  Do you have a favorite sewn ornament on your tree?  You should post it and link back here in the comments for everyone to see!

Comments

Popular Posts