Don't Forget, a Finished Gift, and a Poinsettia Pin for Christmas


Are you gifting hand-sewn goodies this year?  I'm always so excited to wrap up the little things I sew, I often *almost* forget to go back over them and trim off all of the strings and loose threads and whatnot!



So, here's a Merry Christmas reminder from me to you:  Trim, trim!

It's all in  the details, doncha know?

I finished up that baby doll clothes gift last night.  Here's the set:


(sorry about the grainy pics, my house is lacking in natural light!)

I had a bit of trouble with the little white top.  I think the instructions could have been done better.  For any sewing newbies who think patterns are overwhelming, I can't blame you!  I have been sewing most of my life, and I often knit my brow in consternation at sewing patterns.  Though, maybe I should actually read them instead of wandering off like I do?


Anyway, I thought it might be fun to wrap each piece individually.  More to open, right?


On another note, I didn't get a new outfit for Christmas Mass this year, but I wanted something fun and red...




It's a pin.  Find the instructions here.  Maybe if we are crazy organized, I'll update with a photo of it in action.  With three children five and under getting ready for church, I make no promises!

That's it for this post.

Merry Christmas! 



Comments

Popular Posts