needle and thREAD

needle and thREAD

An evening edition of needle and thREAD, anyone?  As I mentioned the other day, I pulled out the "Sleeping Bag Doll" pattern.  This week, I finally made my blonde daughter a doll with matching "yellow" hair and I also sewed up a little dress for the doll out of the fabric left over from her skirt.  It's the first time I've made this type of doll without bangs.  I think I prefer the bangs, but she's still pretty cute.


I confess that I hesitate to sew things for my children because they don't necessarily appreciate the fruits of my labors, but I felt pretty good tonight when my daughter went to sleep with her doll tucked in beside her.  We even had to put the doll's jammies on and grab her doll pillow and doll sleeping bag before we were officially settled in.

Sweetness.

No adult books on the docket for me this week.  I've been itching to curl up on the couch with something, but I'm feeling the constraints of budget and time. Sew now, read later seems to be my current motto.  But really, I should venture to the library, no?  An audio book might give me the best of both worlds.

Despite the absence of adult lit, I have been trying more fervently to foster a love of books in my kiddos.  Silly me, I thought children gravitate to books naturally, but not so much. I often forget to direct them to the bookshelf and that is terrible shame!!!  Time to be more intentional.  My older daughter loves harrowing tales of near death experiences which is why we read Tomie dePaola's Book of Bible Stories today at her request.  Jonah, Daniel...Jesus walking on water...the Bible is chuck full of thrilling adventures when you look through a child's eyes.

Anywho, if you have a minute, head on over to In the Heart of My Home for more needle and thREAD.  Better yet, join in ;o).  


Comments

Popular Posts