{Dyed} Drop Cloth Slip Cover

Remember that slip covered chair from forever ago? 


It was all fine and good until I discovered, much to my chagrin, that not all drop cloths are family friendly fabrics.



Great texture.  Horrible stain resistance.  Horrible. That thick cotton thread gathers dirt like crazy and tenaciously holds onto oil stains.  Couple all of that with it's non-color and even after bleaching, the thing looked brown, splotchy, and gross.

Hence the new color.


Better, yes?  You can still see the shadow of old oil stains (despite bleaching the thing one more time before dying), but I'm hoping a darker color will help maintain the appearance of cleanliness for a longer period of time between washings ;).



The directions say to use 1 bottle per 2 pounds and I'm guessing this weighed in the 3 pound range.  I used one bottle.  I also forgot to reset the washing machine to run for a full thirty minutes before rinsing out the dye.




The color reads............purple.  Grey purple, but purple all the same.


Right now my yellow/grey rug is put away so we have yet to see how it will jive.  Might need to run it through with a brown dye to "greige" it a bit?


Meh, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Comments

Popular Posts