needle & thREAD {and everything nice}

I vote for a switcharoo today.  Books first.
 
 
I grabbed one of my all time favorites this week and indulged in a bit of Persuasion.  I've read it countless times, but I found myself burning the late night oil once again -- impatient for Captain Wentworth to finally declare his feelings.  The suspense and ahhhh...that love letter.  Total perfection.  *spoiler alert*

"You pierce my soul.  I am half agony, half hope.  Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone forever.  I offer myself to you again a with a heart even more you own, than when you almost broke it eight years and a half ago...."
I think I prefer this book to Austen's more popular works.


About that sewing.  It's a mish-mosh this week.

::  There are two doll strollers that need new AND STRONGER fabric.  (See above photo!)  This is how far I made it on that project.


::  I had some naptime free time to put together more picnic cloths today.  Something weird always goes awry when I do these.  Last time I made them, I was cutting one napkin and chopped an already-made one right in half.  Arrrgggg.  No hang-ups this time around, thank goodness.


::  The local fabric store had a 5 for $5 on some patterns and since I foolishly entered the store in the first place, there was no stopping the compulsion to snag a few practical-ish ones for my kids.  Except that middle one.


Letter pillows. Awesomeness.  I *had* those very same letter pillows when I was a child!  L. I. Z.

::  My mother alerted me to a 75% off sale at Sew Beautiful and she and I conspired to buy enough dupioni silk fabric to make four flower girl dresses for this fall.  I've worked with dupioni before and it's crispness makes it nice to cut and sew.  The lining fabric we chose appears to be a bit more slippery, but I'm not too worried about it.  (What I am worried about is that maid of honor dress I'm going to need for the six month baby belly I'm going to be sporting in October.)

Here's a pic of dupioni.  If you've never seen it, it has a sort of raw quality with little slubs here and there.


I've always been a fan of silk.  Impractical to clean, but it has such a beautiful sheen.  Can't wait to see it in person.

~~~~

Head on over to In the Heart of My Home for this week's needle and thREAD. Thank you very much for hosting, Elizabeth! 

Comments

  1. haha ~ yes, you do need a stronger fabric for the stroller :-)

    About the library (from your comment at Elizabeth's)can you request them to hold books for you? That way they can gather them up and call you and you can just pop in to pick them up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart idea about the library Momma! I used to do that at my old library but since then we've moved and I've been so loath to navigate the intricacies of a city library, I forgot all about that.

      Thanks for stopping by! ~ Liz

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts