Spring Tablecloth

Fresh, bright, and new!


I love the idea of welcoming spring with a new tablecloth.

One of these years, I'm going to celebrate each holiday by sewing up a tablecloth to match the season.


They are oh-so-simple to make by folding over the edges.  I don't even miter the corners, though I suppose you could if you wanted to get all fancy. 


They have all manner of gift potential (housewarming, wedding, Mother's Day) but is it just me or are tablecloths oddly personal?
  
You kinda gotta know a person before you can go bestowing a handmade tablecloth on them.

Narrow fabric widths don't really make it possible to create full-size tablecloths, but decorative square tablecloths are easy enough to create.  (This particular tablecloth is for an island counter.)


Now, all we're missing is a set of matching napkins....and some Ric Rac.

Ahhh, the sweetness!

Comments

Popular Posts