Where Have You Been?

Or should I say, where have I been?

Let me just tell you, as a mom, I go through seasons of productivity.  During my productive seasons, the ideas flow and the time to act on them presents itself.  But there are other seasons when holing up in the sewing room doesn't work.  My love and attention are needed elsewhere!  So, I just role with it because I strive to have an ordered life (not organized, but prioritized) and I want my husband to know that I still like him at the end of the day and my kids to know that mommy wants to spend time with them.  It seems counter-intuitive, but backing off on the 'crafty' side of things (while always finding some way to refresh and maintain myself) is good and necessary every once in a while.

And that, my dear friends, is the answer to my lack of posting during the Christmas season.

I don't have any sewing pics to share with you at this moment, but I will leave you with a great gift idea.  If you like children's toys that promote imaginative play, you might be familiar with the idea of 'play silks.'
They are just silk scarves kids can use for dressing up or whatever else their little minds can imagine.  I wanted to get some for my niece, but found them to be prohibitively expensive, like here where they sell a set of 8 play silk scarves for $60.  Guess what?  I found their equivalent (35x35 dyed silk habotai scarves) for $4.90 each at an online silk distributor called Thai Silks.

I purchased a bunch of these fabulous silks for my niece and they were a big hit for the entire family!!!

Here's the link to the scarves. Go and get some!!!!


p.s. They are a reputable company and ship quickly.  I found out about them years ago and have purchased through them before.

Comments

Popular Posts