All The Many Projects...

Welcome to the world of wedding alterations and birthday presents and baby preparations!

What you will find here is a ginormous photo dump :o).

To start, my last bride this summer had one of those craaaaazzzy dresses with the vertical ruffles that end in the hem.  At least organza was more manageable than the chiffon dress I worked on last time.  Here's a pic of the bustle.  She asked to add the bow.  What do you think?


~~~~~~~~~~

My poor top-bunk-sleeping daughter has needed a shelf by her bed for a long while now.  Finally owning up to the fact that we were never whipping one up for free with the spare wood in the garage, I found this at the thrift store for $2.


Hoping to add stuffed animal storage and make use of the pegs, I added a fabric sling of sorts.




The girls opted to paint the shelf white.


And the boy opted to make a paint contribution on the sly -- with the stir stick.


It was officially hung on her birthday in September.


(The photos? Worse than my usual sub-par fare, but you get the idea! Imagine me nine months pregnant, climbing to the top bunk, at night.)


~~~~~~~~~~



It had once again been relegated to the basement store room.  Thinking it just about the right size to hold new baby clothes in my bedroom (because where else does one put the fifth child in a three bedroom house?), I decided to give it a makeover.  

Hello belly.

Planning the pattern.

Cutting the pieces from scraps of canvas leftover from slipcovers.

Sawing apart a plastic tote to line the new "bins,"

Inserting the plastic liner.

Almost done.

Ready for baby clothes.


~~~~~~~~~~

Realizing I would need more baby storage, I trash-picked my neighbor's basket and lined it with old Ikea fabric from my stash.





~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're getting there with the baby prep, right?  I'm less than two weeks out from having this little boy!  With that in mind, I tried my hand at hacking one of my old shirts into a version of the Undercover Mama Nursing Tank.



Shown with a nursing bra.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and in the spirit of unnecessary nesting-like activities, I recovered some pillows.


Original ugly microfiber covers.

New cotton over the stuffing.

Envelope shams

Done.
Phew!  Photo dumping complete :o).

Say a prayer for a peaceful, safe, and wonderful birth?  Thanks a bunch!

Comments

Popular Posts