A Work In Progress

After a while, I get bored with my maternity clothes.  Especially the ones I've worn for a couple of previous pregnancies.

So I had this maternity top that I didn't like...


(and I've been timing pics of myself, oh joy for you!)

There were some problems with it:


(The jean pocket placement is neither here nor there, but it warranted a caption, don't you agree?)

What the heck? I decided to make some changes.  A maternity shirt redo, if you will.  I fiddled with it a while - pinned at it a bit to find out my options.


Then I decided to hack away at the poor thing all crazy like.


I finished off the neckline using the ties as a binding and gathered up the sides of the shirt for good measure.  But there was still something a muck with the dang thing.


What do you think???  After padding my belly with a half a dozen diapers I had lying about (full panel jeans are good for something, dontcha know), I decided that it was too tight. Something unpleasant about the way the shoulders looked wide and the hips tucked in.

Whatever.  Seam ripper mania!  And now I'm back to this.  *sigh*


Can't go back to this:


But I think I need to go back to this:


Only not as tight.

What say ye???

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts