The Dress Finished {and a Bridal Shower}


As you darling readers recall in previous posts (part 1, and part 2), I've found a cute little Adrianna Papell dress at Goodwill for a steal, but it needed a bit of down sizing!  Not-so-perfect-fit, ey?



Well, as promised, I'm back with a view of the final product and a picture of my lovely soon-to-be-bride sister at her bridal shower last Sunday.


I had fully intended to take a few close-up shots of the dress for your critique but with all of the prepping and hosting and chit-chattering, the day got away from me too quickly!  Might I offer a picture or two (or maybe more :o) of the bridal shower, instead?


Come on in...



(More circle garlands in this post.)



We decorated with my grandmother and great grandmother's embroidered tablecloths.


And pearls.





My three older sisters and I:


All said and done, the dress turned out to be delightfully comfortable! I'm glad I chose to make the bodice snug to balance out the potential mumu factor of the skirt.  Not that I minded the skirt's looseness -- my expectant belly fully appreciates freedom! And heck, at a passing glance, the bump is rather well concealed :o).


Success!

Comments

Popular Posts